problems with geforce 7600GS install

nickmpower

n00b
I just got a geforce 7600gs off of ebay and im having problems with it. For the install process i uninstalled my 4600i drivers then shut down and installed the 7600gs. When i started it up the picture was all messed up but i thought it was just because the drivers wernt installed. I installed the drivers off the web site and restarted my computer. The imige was still messed up and the monitor would see no input when i got to the login screen. I then started in safe mode and installed the drivers off the cd but this also did not work. Then i used the windows drivers which also did not work. I am now back on my good ol 4600. I am using an older viewsonic p915 monitor. Do you guys think I bought a fubard graphics card or am i doing something wrong?

here is a picture

graphics.JPG

Yeah, that is a dead graphics card.

I saw a similar problem on an old ATI Radeon 64DDR after I overclocked it too high.

The one time I had an electrostatc discharge from building many computers on the carpet, was on a Voodoo 4 and it looked just like that afterwards.

Not to say thats what happened, but it does look like a sour video card.

The one time I had an electrostatc discharge from building many computers on the carpet, was on a Voodoo 4 and it looked just like that afterwards.

Not to say thats what happened, but it does look like a sour video card.

yeah i was careful about static. definatly no carpet!!

That is definitely a bad video card. In very rare circumstances it could be the slot on the motherboard but in almost all cases its a bad video card.

Back