Problems with fps in cs

ColdFusionKid

Limp Gawd
9800pro, 3.0ghz processor.

vert sync, off, refresh rate is at 120 for moniter, open gl

fps_max 999, devolper 1

i should be getting atleast 500 fps!

Game engine bug. I'd bet 2 bucks on it. You could have a 4Ghz Liquid Nitrogen (awesome front page article) cooled CPU and a uber duber GPU and still see those pesky fps dips. Sry man, but unless you luck out with the right hardware and software combo, your gonna see performance dips. Some don't, lots do. Thats life.

Lies. Its a driver issue, have a play around.

Vysnc ON, get refresh lock or something similar to override refresh rates, and play with drivers.

I get 100fps with my 3200+ and a gf4 440

what res?

I can keep a conistent 100fps a second with my 9800 Pro and 2600+. It's most likely a game issue. And btw, you should not be getting 500fps a second, thanks to SHITTY VALVE CODE.

Try turning TrueForm off if it's on. I have about the same setup as you, and I was getting low FPS sometimes too. You might try updating/reinstalling drivers.

Originally posted by Colicious
cs is capped at 100fps

actually this is somewhat untrue, if you use the developer_1 command you can get over 100fps.

if you want to know real real fps in cs type timrefresh in console, it doesn't show you a constant fps but it tells you what it is at that second, kinda a neat trick

Back