• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Problems with Flash

JustinSane

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 29, 2005
Messages
2,425
Whenever I open up a page with a flash video on it like youtube, my whole screen does a weird glitch right before the video starts playing. I opened a link to youtube a friend sent me about 5 mins ago and it caused a BSOD. I'm thinking it has something to do with the 10.6 drivers? It started happening around the time I installed them I think. Anyone else get this?
 
You need to up your minimum clocks a bit. I just had this issue while Oc'ing, if you are OC'ing your card you will either have to downclock or use RBE to mod your underclocked setting i set mine to 300/900.
 
*right click in the video screen*
disable hardware acceleration in flash.
 
*right click in the video screen*
disable hardware acceleration in flash.

Can you elaborate on what this does please? I've been having different problems with flash and don't really understand what the hardware acceleration actually does. Thanks.
 
Can you elaborate on what this does please? I've been having different problems with flash and don't really understand what the hardware acceleration actually does. Thanks.

As of now, Flash is hardware accelerated which forces you card to run at 400/900 like it would when playing back a Blu-Ray or mkv rip and offloads all the processing from CPU to GPU. That changing in speed can cause issues, like the one you're seeing.
 
In a nut shell......."Hardware Acceleration" enabled in Flash, is telling your GPU to do the processing instead of the CPU.

These ATI genious cards don't understand when to not be in low power state, so it is essentially taxing the card while the card is running 157/300Mhz.

So....disable the hardware acceleration and let it tax the CPU, or as other mentioned....you can manually set your graphics card to run at a higher setting than the standard 2D clocks of 157/300Mhz, since the card is too dumb to recognize it should go higher when playing flash.
 
In a nut shell......."Hardware Acceleration" enabled in Flash, is telling your GPU to do the processing instead of the CPU.

These ATI genious cards don't understand when to not be in low power state, so it is essentially taxing the card while the card is running 157/300Mhz.

So....disable the hardware acceleration and let it tax the CPU, or as other mentioned....you can manually set your graphics card to run at a higher setting than the standard 2D clocks of 157/300Mhz, since the card is too dumb to recognize it should go higher when playing flash.


in a nut shell thats probably about the worst explanation ever in what causes the problem..

the card its self cant be too dumb to change the clocks only the drivers can be thus the idiot's that made the drivers.. has to do with the 10.1 flash hardware accel being implimented in the drivers.. which most likely wasnt done correctly since the 10.0 version doesnt have the problem and thus why nvidia specifically released drivers just for flash player 10.1 support.. my guess is ati didnt put it in the 10.6 drivers..

the biggest issue of all of this is people that have overclocked their cards since it automatically sticks it in low p-state at 157/300 and ignores the hardware accel/multi-display 2D p-state of 400/900.. 1 way of fixing it is like you said disabling hardware accel.. the other way of fixing it is by manually setting your 2D p-state profile in afterburner.. so that instead of dropping to 137/300 it only drops to 400/900..
 
Yes....because that is easy to understand for someone who doesn't know what hardware acceleration is in the first place.......
Were I trying to give an overcomplicated explanation....I could have, but mine got the point across more easily, with no follow up questions.

I believed the OP wanted a GENERAL understanding.....not an indepth one. "Am I going to lose something good by turning this off?" Was my interpretation of his question.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top