Problems with Epson & USB2

Budman

I put the Bad in Bad Grandpa!
I recently upgraded the wife's PC. I installed a Abit KV8pro/ AMD 64 3400 & an Enermax noise-taker 420w power supply. I put all of this in her old Antec KS-282 3-4 year old case. Now on this case a couple of years ago she bought from Best Buy an Antec add on front USB ports, the kind that fit in a 5-1/4 slot (do these have to be USB2?). I know these USB ports work because she can download the pics from her camera using these ports. She bought one of the Epson all in ones, CX6600 that uses USB2 about 3 weeks ago. Here is where the problem starts. She can get the printer part of it to work but it won't reconize the scanner part of it. We have downloaded the latest drivers from Epson & it still won't work. We have tried the USB ports on the back with no luck either. It keeps comming up with the error that something else is in use please close all other applications. Of course she has no other application running. We even reformatted & reinstalled XP Pro with all the updates & still no luck, and yes we even uninstalled VIA's usb drivers & went back to Microsoft's usb drivers. She has the latest BIOS for her board. Now she also has a Sony Viao laptop (almost 2 yrs old) & the printer & scanner run perfect on that one. She sent E-Mail to Epson tech support twice & has yet to get a reply. She even went & bought a new USB 2 cable thinking that might be it. Any body have any suggestions on this. It's just a BIG pain in the butt to have to scan everything on her laptop & transfer everything over to her desktop. She's frustrated & I'm out of things to try.

Back