• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Problems with "dos-mode" and my tft lcd.

mange_

Gawd
Joined
Jan 1, 2001
Messages
534
I have an Aced AL1714 tf lcd display that won't work in "dos-mode".
It says "input not supported" until windows starts up (the logo shows".
I've been browsing around acer's homepages for quite a while now without beeing able to download a user manual or finding a fix for this (I only got a quick start guide in the display package when I bought it :/ )
Has anyone experienced this except me? Anyone know of a solution to be able to use the display in "dos-mode"?
 
The first thing I would do would be to go into the BIOS and under options for Plug and Play, look for a line that reads something like "Assign IRQ for VGA" or "Allocate IRQ for VGA" and enable it.
 
I can't get inte the bios! :(
Everything before the winxp screen is black, only "input not supported" shows. The buttons on the displays front is dead.
I've tried hitting del to get inte bios, and from what I can tell it does, but still no progress.
I used a crt when I installed windows so this problem has never bothered me before.. :(
 
Hook it up to another monitor, change bios settings then switch back
 
I own a Shuttle SN45G and there's no "assign irq to agp" option. :(
I've lurked around some and the problem seems to be that the display doesnt support the resolution/refresh rate that my pc is giving it.
Is there different settings for dos/bios etc to feed the display with?
Anyone have any other ideas?
 
It sounds like something is not causing the video to initialize properly, either by not sending a signal at that time, or sending a signal that for some reason is not being understood by the monitor. It could be on the video cards behalf, or somewhere along the way. Windows seems to be rectifying this, either by the change in display mode, or by resolving a conflict or such. If you can get into the BIOS to change the settings, then I would recommend turning off all power management, and possibly fiddling around with other settings in the BIOS referred to in the manual that might affect this problem. You will probably have to use your judgment on this...but one thing to try is to make sure the setting for initializing AGP first is set, and you might also turn off control of PnP to Windows XP. I think Power Management is a good place to start, as well as the Pnp settings, there could possibly be something causing a conflict or preventing the signal from getting there. Rule out BIOS settings and video card settings before proceeding further and treating it as a hardware problem. Have you tried the settings on the monitor itself? Simple 80 column text should not be out of spec for any monitor and is a basic display mode.
 
I've had that happen with wrong bios settings..The cure was do a bios reset. Pull the power first..then short the connections or pull the battery. With luck you will get your display back. Do a restart with your bios in "Default" mode after your reset. Stupid stuff happens, sometime the fix is easy...sometimes :rolleyes:

Give it a shot, don't cost nothing :)

BillR
 
Back
Top