Problems with D-Link DI-604

CoRPS

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys, I bought a D-Link DI-604 router a bunch of months ago, and I'm just now getting around to using it. My modem is a 2wire modem. Anyway, When I plug the Cat5 from te modem, into the D-Link on the WAN port, the light on the front lights up, which is good news. Then, I plug in a Cat5 cable from computer #1 to Port 1 on the router. The light in the front again lights up. However, when I try to do anything internet based, IE going on AIM, going to a site, nothing happens. Connection error. Now, I remember right when I bought it, I tried using it, and it was fine, up until I wanted to submit a form IIRC, and then it would give me an error, so I tried installing the software that came with it. Since then, it hasn't let a single computer on.

Btw, I tried the Reset button, nothing changed. Any Ideas?

Note: This is also in the Networking forum, but I figured to get faster results I'll ask in both places. If there are any problems with that go ahead and delete it and accept my apologies.

did you set it up in any way??

go to 192.168.0.1 type in admin for the username and leave the password blank.. then set it up.. you might as well use the wizard if you aren't sure what oyu are doing..

it theoretically should work out of the box.. but make sure that dhcp is enabled, that it is connecting to the outside world.. things like that.. it could be your comptuers too.. make usre they automatically detect their IP addresses. etc..

yeah, the big thing is make sure your router is connecting to your isp correctly...

do you have to "sign on" to the net?

is it dsl? if it is, then I bet that is the issue

I have the same exact setup. First, reset the router. Stick a pin or something in that little hole in the back. then, like scottatwittenberg said, go to 192.168.0.1, user: admin ; pw: *blank*; login and check that dynamic IP is selected. I know you could use PPPoE, but if the modem is already configured, dynamic works. I hope this helps

Ok guys, I set it to Dynamic, and it worked. I haven't plugged in the laptop yet, but, I have no time right now, i have to go to school. I will report back later this evening with the results. Thanks a lot, I appreciate it :D

Alright guys, Everything is running as planned. Now all I need to do is format that damn laptop. It's been used by my mother for about 2 years now and is slow as hell.

Hey guys, for whatever reason I can't direct connect on AIM, and my girlfriend is complaining on not bieng able to upload things onto photobucket. How do I get these things unfiltered?

what ISP do you have? i have that same router and neither of those problems.. or are you behind a university firewall or something?

You'll ahve to goto http://google.ca , find the ports that AIM uses and put them into the firewall rules of the router for the traffic to be forwarded properly. I have the DI614+, comes with that already configured.

Back