Problems with clockgen

BobbyD

n00b
I want to use clockgen to change all my settings. First off, whenever I change the FID it locks up most of the time. This isn't much of a problem because it sticks when I reboot. This is the thing that bugs me. I want to use clockgen to change my FSB on startup, so I put a shortcut to clockgen running in silent mode in my startup folder. However, this always causes Windows to lock up upon boot. I can leave the shortcut on the desktop and run it after everything else loads and it won't lock up. So I guess my question is if there is any other way to get clockgen to apply settings at startup without causing lockups. I know my settings are stable because I've tested them with Prime, and like I said it will work fine once Windows boots up all the way.

I'm using a MSI K8N Neo Platinum, 3400+ Clawhammer, Windows 2000 and the latest version of clockgen for nForce 250 boards.

the ugly solution would be to write a batch file that paused for however long it takes windows to load, then ran clockgen. dunno what else to say.

why don't you just overclock in the bios?

Back