Problems with AVADirect build, pls help

To keep you guys updated AVA replaced the mobo and memory did testing and the system is on it's way back to me. Probably won't get here till Monday due to the holiday. Chris has been talking to me this whole time and has kept me informed as to what's going on.
pdonket I understand your frustration but the way your going about it with the accusations and slander really don't help your argument. They weren't able to reproduce the problems on my computer either, so I know what you mean. And theres a chance I'll get mine back and it does the same things it was doing. But honestly it was a my(our) own choice to go with AVA knowing the inherit risk of boutique computer retailers. And computers are so risky, I mean theres a trillion things that can go wrong between software, hardware, and 3rd party devices that I'm glad to leave it up to the experts. Get a mac like that guy in the other AVA hate thread.

To keep you guys updated AVA replaced the mobo and memory did testing and the system is on it's way back to me.

Finally some good news around these parts! :)

Probably won't get here till Monday due to the holiday. Chris has been talking to me this whole time and has kept me informed as to what's going on.

Good. :)

pdonket I understand your frustration but the way your going about it with the accusations and slander really don't help your argument. They weren't able to reproduce the problems on my computer either, so I know what you mean. And theres a chance I'll get mine back and it does the same things it was doing. But honestly it was a my(our) own choice to go with AVA knowing the inherit risk of boutique computer retailers. And computers are so risky, I mean theres a trillion things that can go wrong between software, hardware, and 3rd party devices that I'm glad to leave it up to the experts. Get a mac like that guy in the other AVA hate thread.

Honestly? If Mac's weren't so darned proprietary I'd get one immediately for myself if I thought I could play games on it and upgrade the hardware (GPU's, etc.) the way I wanted to.

Say what you will, but you can't beat a Mac for stability and reliability, regardless of anything else.

For non-gamers, that's a great recommendation.

If you paid $1700 for a paperweight, you'd be mad too. Also, I would consider what I'm saying to be slander if it was false, however all of the things I said are valid and true points. They have been the most disrespectful company I've ever seen in my life and are just digging themselves into a hole the more and more they email me.

If you're happy with your AVA, fantastic. However I personally do not like to be abused. I don't like macs and I never will, way over priced for nothing but a shiny beautiful casing. I'm just sharing with others because I want people to see the darker side of what happens to some customers. I may be a general exception, that does not make my story false.

I hear your frustration pdon, and you have 100% valid complaints. It's what you put before and after those complaints that I would consider to be insults and slander. And no offense, but start your own thread about your problem and I'm sure you could get a response from Chris or Misha and maybe a resolve to some of your problems. Hang in there and I hope you get your problem(s) resolved.

I hear your frustration pdon, and you have 100% valid complaints. It's what you put before and after those complaints that I would consider to be insults and slander. And no offense, but start your own thread about your problem and I'm sure you could get a response from Chris or Misha and maybe a resolve to some of your problems. Hang in there and I hope you get your problem(s) resolved.

My apologies, I did get sorta thrown around in the moment and angry and didn't think about putting this into your post. I'll make my own happily :)

Sorry again, and I hope your problems get resolved.

Additionally, the whole deal is out of my hands now, the credit card company will further deal with this situation.

Well I just heard back from Chris today and he said they haven't been able to reproduce the freeze on startup problem I was having. Said it has passed all the test like 3dMark06 and some other just fine. Ran a program on it that reboots it over and over w/o it ever freezing up.
The only third party device hooked up to it was the Netgear router I used, that's it. I got an Acer 20' widescreen monitor shortly after buying the computer, maybe that has something to do with it, it said Vista ready when I bought and it works perfectly with my other computer running XP, so I dont think its that. I am truly at a loss, how are they supposed to fix it if its not doing what it was when I had it. I can't imagine getting it back and it doing the same thing it had been.

Hi there. First, let me add my condolences on what sounds like a total nightmare. I haven't dealt with AVA myself, but I've had my share of computer horrors. So, I think many of us here can sympathize.

Now, I'm no "techie", trust me. But there's a couple things from reading the thread I went Oh? at. First is, of course, Vista. I just ordered a new computer and paid extra to be able to keep XP. I just don't want to deal with the headaches too many people are having with Vista.

The second is the router. Could that be the problem? not playing nicely with Vista?

And last, but not least, I did talk to someone I know in my neighborhood awhile back. Got himself a shiny new computer with Vista, had a relatively new monitor (was allegedly Vista ready), and the computer started flaking out. Went through the whole replace this, tweak that, back and forth. Same thing as your situation - no one could find anything wrong when it was in the shop. Turns out it was the monitor. He one day for the heck of it tried a different monitor and the crashes, et al went away.

That, right there, convinced me that Vista is not for me - not until at least the first service pack, which is the same thing I did when XP first came out. People had mucho problems, so I kept good old 98SE until the SP1.

I really hope your problems can be worked out and quickly. It's just not right to lay down your hard earned money for something that doesn't work.

Hello [H]ardForum Readers,

Just wanted to keep all of you up to date on pdonket's situation. We did receive this customer's system back and after diagnosing the system we found that the hard drive partition was altered in causing the operating system not to boot. When confronted customer explained and admited they tried to split the current partition, which they failed to mention when they spoke to technical support, to dual boot Microsoft Vista. Our tests results proove this by showing the hard drive partitions when it shipped and when we received it back the third time. We offered to reinstall windows which would correct the problem and could have also corrected the problem when we suggested it over the phone when they received it back from RMA. Windows was not booting because of something the user did and is not a fault of AVADirect.

Thank you for reading,

Chris Mundy
AVADirect
Technical Support

Just wanted to keep all of you up to date on pdonket's situation. We did receive this customer's system back and after diagnosing the system we found that the hard drive partition was altered in causing the operating system not to boot. When confronted customer explained and admited they tried to split the current partition, which they failed to mention when they spoke to technical support, to dual boot Microsoft Vista. Our tests results proove this by showing the hard drive partitions when it shipped and when we received it back the third time. We offered to reinstall windows which would correct the problem and could have also corrected the problem when we suggested it over the phone when they received it back from RMA. Windows was not booting because of something the user did and is not a fault of AVADirect.

Thank you for reading,

Chris Mundy
AVADirect
Technical Support

I seriously hope you guys issued complaints to reseller ratings, these AvA Direct tech supports have the tendancy of always putting the blame on the customer, that is definitely not a good practice.

I would avoid buying anything AVA Direct.

Thank you for reading,

Chris Mundy
AVADirect
Technical Support

It seems AVA really go out of their way to help customers. Keep up the good work.

Good job, Chris! The customer was behaving poorly from his own description of his interactions with you guys. I'm glad you posted because clearly there's no way this kid was going to own up to the fact that his own actions caused the problems and that his craptastic attitude didn't help anything.

I'm happily OC'ing my AVADirect rig today. I have a nice stable 2.4 -> 3.2 and am working on dropping vcore bit by bit to lower temps. I think I could get a 3.4 or 3.5 if I was willing to live with higher case temps. I've been enjoying the heck out of this thing!

Pinata

Good job, Chris! The customer was behaving poorly from his own description of his interactions with you guys. I'm glad you posted because clearly there's no way this kid was going to own up to the fact that his own actions caused the problems and that his craptastic attitude didn't help anything.

You are one ignorant little man if you consider that customer support, can't wait to see you have a problem with your machine and customer support blames you for your computer's problems.

Ignorance.

Ignorance is being obnoxious about something you couldn't possibly have all the inside facts about.There are just as many bad customers out there as there are bad companies.In this case,there's no way we can be sure who's at fault.

I seriously hope you guys issued complaints to reseller ratings, these AvA Direct tech supports have the tendancy of always putting the blame on the customer, that is definitely not a good practice.

I would avoid buying anything AVA Direct.

what the hell? he solved his problems after threatening a charge back and everything! Are you insane? If it was the customers fault, it was the customers fault. how can you blame AVA for that? I myself was doubting AVA earlier, but his behavior was absolutely terrible. I APPLAUD chris for still dealing with that asshat. he handled it well all things considered.

Thank you for reading,

Chris Mundy
AVADirect
Technical Support

Why wasn't this noticed the second time it was sent back in?

Why wasn't this noticed the second time it was sent back in?

Hello Nicolaskl,

The second time the system was received for RMA this customer stated that she was getting BSODs, crashing and sometimes not detecting SATA drives. None of these problems where reproduced during testing which lasted for over two weeks, we recorded the test results as stated in previous post. At the time there was no problem with the hard drive partition, we were still able to boot into windows to perform our tests. Pdonket received the system back from RMA and said they where unable to boot into windows and received this message “A disk read error occurred”. Received the system back for the third time and the hard drive, which now had two partitions instead one, was partitioned into one 1GB unknown partition and the C: partition was moved to D: and no longer a bootable.

Thank You

Chris
AVADirect
Technical Support

So this pdonket person has misrepresented the situation all along and FUBAR'D his hard drive and made it AVA's fault???? That not right. period.
You shouldnt bad mouth somebody in public for something you did and couldnt fix.:eek:

BUT.....what about the original posters problem??

Back