• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Problems with Audigy2ZS front panel

Spetsnaz201

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
183
Last year I bought the retail version of audigy 2zs. A month ago i got the front panel for it. I connected it using the non keyed 40wire ide cable and the floppy power connector. However it doesnt seem to work. There is red light coming out of the optical out knob. However nothing works, the volume knob doesnt do anything, plugging headphones into it also doesnt work. Remote doesnt work as welll.
I am confused about what to do. How do i make sure that audigy detected the front panel. thanks for any suggestions
 
Sorry I can't help you, but was it functioning during the month that after you got it? If so, what purpose did you buy it for and did it serve that purpose well? I'm just wondering because I'm considering getting a front panel drive for the headphone connector and I want to be reassured that I won't be wasting money. Also, is there any advantage to using the front panel mic port in contrast to the flexi jack in the back of the sound card? Finally, do you find yourself using the remote control a lot? Would you have paid the same price for the front panel if it didn't come with the remote control?
 
He has the ZS card not the X-Fi i'm not sure if the panels are 100% identical.

The advantage to the front mounted mic jack is that you have a volume control directly on it so you don't have to open up the control panel to make it louder/quieter. Although the disadvantage is that some games may not like/correctly use the MIC2 input (BF2).

If you use headphones/headsets quite often its very convenient to have the front plugins and volume control, as well when you plug in your headphones you can have it change all your settings to 'headphone' mode.

Personally i haven't used the remote for more than a couple minutes, its not particularly well designed and really its not useful for anything more than just the sound card. There are better solutions out there for PC remotes, about all the creative one is good for is adjusting the volume up/down.
 
I had the same problem happen. The Optical red light was on, but nothing else worked.

Turned out it was a loose connection with the floopy connector. The Optical light is not powered from the front drive itself, its powered from the Audigy 2 card. Giggle around the power connectors and make sure everything is connected correctly and tight.

~Hope this helps
 
Back
Top