Problems with audigy 2 zs plat

robo22

Weaksauce
Hey I just got an audigy 2 zs plat a couple of days ago and everything's been working great. I only installed the necessary things off of the cd and stayed away from all the other creative crap and also made sure that it's on its own irq, but I've discovered a slight problem lately. Whenever I'm playing starcraft or warcraft and have some music player, foobar or winamp, playing in the background, the comp would randomly reboot itself about 10 mins or so into the game, and if I don't have the jukeboxes playing, everything would be fine. Now I just turned off automatic restart and tried it again, this time I got a blue screen giving me the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL error instead, so I'm guessing that it's some kind of driver issue. Im running the latest drivers off of the creative site, and I've tried the stock drivers off of the cd but they weren't working properly. The blue screen itself doesn't point to the exact file that's causing the problem, it just gave me a stop error 0x000000d1 (0x0001e000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x86561c7b). Then at the end it mentioned "Beginning dump of physical memory. Physical memory dump complete". Does anyone have any idea on why this might be happening?

my mem timings are already at the default 2.5/3/3/7 and I underclocked it to 166 to be in sync with fsb, do you recommend me to further relax the timings?

edit: also I've ran memtest under these settings with the advanced test for over 24 hours, and it was perfectly stable.

Back