problems with ATI 5870

When playing F1 2010 the screen will just freeze for like 3 secs then just jump to where the game has moved to an continue. It is very annoying because it can happen in a corner the when it resumes you are in the wall. It does it maybe every 45 mins. The card is not overclocked an the temps stay at about 35, i saw it hit 40 once. Anyone have any ideas? I'm about tired of this!
Thanks in advance for all you input!!

When playing F1 2010 the screen will just freeze for like 3 secs then just jump to where the game has moved to an continue. It is very annoying because it can happen in a corner the when it resumes you are in the wall. It does it maybe every 45 mins. The card is not overclocked an the temps stay at about 35, i saw it hit 40 once. Anyone have any ideas? I'm about tired of this!
Thanks in advance for all you input!!

Do you have any system monitoring software running in the background? If so, terminate the program and start the game again to see if you can replicate the issue again.

Does it happen with online mp games? I had a friend with a similar problem, ended up being a network problem, nothing to do with graphics.

It maybe the game. Do you have anything like CPU-Z and GPU-Z that you can use to monitor clock speeds of the CPU and GPU during that time?

Like the previous post if you're playing online it could possibly be a network/internet issue.

I have yet to play it online really. So its just in single player that i notice it as of now.

what drivers are you running, op?

I also had this happen to me from time to time, but only when i was recording 1080p fraps at 60fps.

is your OS/swap file on the same hard drive as the game?

and also, specs of your rig please

I'm running 11.8. My OS is on a Intel ssd an the game is on a 400gig raptor.

Specs: I7 920 @ 3.8
Win 7 ult 64bit
xfx 5870 black ed. Stock clocks
asus p6x58d prem mobo
6 gig corsair dominator 1800

when you run the monitoring software do you notice any funny stuff going on with the card when it happens, in other words since it's not causing the problem have you looked at the monitoring line graphs and seen a voltage spike or drop, temp increase, fps drop etc... Is all the behavior normal. When was the last time you defragged your raptor hdd.

Sorry i didnt finish the temps ya thats idle an topping out at 46-48. I just defragged the raptor last week. all the graphs look normal no spikes. I'm also getting the same problem but worse in Red Orchestra 2. I'll be playing an the game will freeze for 2-5 secs then return an just to where the game has advanced in that down time. I am at a loss. I had a problem with this card right when i bought it it was the xxx edition i got in the week they were released. The card would just stop sending signal finally they made me reflash it with there "special" bios. Which was the downclocked stock version.

You're using stock cooling, yeah? (If you installed a third-party cooling solution it may be adequately cooling the GPU but may be missing other parts of the card or just not seated properly)

A bit on the lengthy side, but would you be able to try a fresh windows install? (Using another disk would make this easier) - sometimes software issues can occur outside the realms of the graphics driver, and it's just easier to start over.

do you have all the "3d Application Settings" in CCC set to "Use Application Settings"?

Back