• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Problems with 6800 ultra OC WC

DaMaDo

Gawd
Joined
May 31, 2001
Messages
681
I had a 6800GT installed (was working perfectly) but swapped in a factory watercooled 6800 ultra and since then I've been having major problems. I can't play any 3d games b/c I get massive artifacts and the game just freezes for about 10 seconds pretty often.

I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling the nvidia drivers for both the vid card and the whole motherboard.

The water is circulating perfectly and I have a really nice radiator with a mega fan on it. The heatsinks on the vid card get way too hot to touch.

I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Is this a problem or normal? It says PCI instead of AGP....
6800pci.jpg


Doesn't seem to be the temps...
6800temp.jpg
 
Whats the card clocked at? I know they changed the core clock from 470 to 425 due to issues similar to yours. The freezing seems to be a known problem for 6800's right now. I believe its D3D games that exhibit this.
 
I have the clock settings at default 470/1.1 Temps are 46 at idle 49 load.

I had a 6800gt in there and everything was working fine...it wasn't until the ultra that I had probs =( Everything is upgraded to the latest official drivers.
 
After the downclock to 400/1.1, and the settings in bios recommended by BFG, it still has artifacts like crazy. This thing is brand spanking new too...
 
Sorry bud I would RMA it. I think they stopped making them too. I know I saw one at Fry's on clearance.
 
I'm trying to work with BFG since it has a lifetime warranty.

They are kinda taking their time in answering e-mails.

The following is wierd to me:
at 470mhz (the factory settings) I get artifacts like crazy and it is like a slideshow.
at 400 mhz I get no artifacts, but it is an even worse slideshow (everything locks up for about 20 seconds every 5 seconds, can't even move the mouse)
at 425 it all works fine...although I notice its a little slower than my 6800GT so there is still something wrong just not as noticable.

Can anyone explain why that is happening?
 
Back
Top