Votes: 3 11.5%
  • 6800 ULTRA

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • 6800 Other

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

OPUS1

[H]ard|Gawd
There seems to be an issue with some of the 6800 series installs, I've had no problems at all.
Vote your poison :)

What an arse I be! LOL
Theres no yes or no!
No way to edit poll question!

Just vote if you've had a problem :D

i had a pny 6800gt that was causing weird flickering on my NEC monitor. with 9800pro it went awy.

HRslammR said:
i had a pny 6800gt that was causing weird flickering on my NEC monitor. with 9800pro it went awy.

What type of monitor? LCD or CRT? Were you using VGA or DVI?

The only problem I've had was with the cooling not being enough and having it hit the upper 90s on load at stock speed. Fixed that with an hour and a tube of Arctic Silver 5. That any my card doesn't like 1.4v. I flashed the BIOS with a 1.4v BIOS I created and it will load up a 3d app, put after quiting, the entire 2d screen would artifact like crazy.

Pure, unadulterated, lovely, smooth, Doom 3 joy. :cool:

I also play:

SW Galaxies @ 1600x1200 w/ all the options on (shadows are nice)
UT2004 @ 1600x1200 up up up
ET @ 1600x1200 up up up

God I love 21" monitors

This *could* have been a good poll, but really, we need to see the amount of people who own these cards and *don't* have problems. If there isn't a limit to how many poll options are allowed, all the cards should be listed twice with an additonal "No problems" selection, so we can see the ratio of problems to no problems.

any installation problems either need to be RMA'd or have user error. is it so hard to insert a graphics card and go to nvidia's website to download the latest drivers? i guess for even some people here, it is. oh wait, let me guess, you have old drivers causing problems and you lost your OS disc and can't reformat either. :rolleyes:

Where is the poll option for "no problems"? The way it's set up everyone who votes their card has a problem..
Anyway, I think the biggest thing with these new cards is knowing how to set them up correctly to work with your individual hardware configuration...after you find a set of drivers that work and you eliminate that I'm sure most of the problems will go away. I think too many people are seeing glowing reviews and people shouting about how F'n 133t these cards are that they think they can buy one, pop it in and then proceed to jack up the resolution to the max, turn on all the eyecandy features and still get blazing framerates in every game they play. :rolleyes:

joemama said:
Where is the poll option for "no problems"? The way it's set up everyone who votes their card has a problem..
Anyway, I think the biggest thing with these new cards is knowing how to set them up correctly to work with your individual hardware configuration...after you find a set of drivers that work and you eliminate that I'm sure most of the problems will go away. I think too many people are seeing glowing reviews and people shouting about how F'n 133t these cards are that they think they can buy one, pop it in and then proceed to jack up the resolution to the max, turn on all the eyecandy features and still get blazing framerates in every game they play. :rolleyes:

Not a flame about the poll but I agree this poll is pretty much useless. First, only the people with problems will vote and the GT is by far the most popular so it would naturally have more votes because of the larger pool of voters. You should definitely add a "No Problems" vote.

joemama said:

Yea, I agree with you. I also think partially that the drivers are still a little buggy since the cards just came out, but mine is still in the mail, so I honestly can't say. :p And like you said, I think people are expecting a little too much by being able to turn EVERYTHING up. Me personally, I have only a 2.26GHz Pentium 4, and I know that I won't be able to do that, my CPU just can't handle that high of setting (but I'll just have to see!)

PNY Geforce 6800 GT install with NO problems. Runs smooth as a baby's arse. Overclocks to 400/1.1 with ease. Haven't pushed it more since my CPU (AXP 3200) is the bottleneck.

Probably the best Nvidia video card I have ever bought. THANK YOU COMPUSA!! :) :)

nkeney said:
PNY Geforce 6800 GT install with NO problems. Runs smooth as a baby's arse. Overclocks to 400/1.1 with ease. Haven't pushed it more since my CPU (AXP 3200) is the bottleneck.

Probably the best Nvidia video card I have ever bought. THANK YOU COMPUSA!! :) :)

awesome to hear! That's the card I'm getting, and I too am getting it from CompUSA! I usually get ALL my computer stuff there. I'm in Florida and they were all of out the 6800 GT's, so I ordered it from the store, and it's getting shipped from TX and should be here on Monday. Waiting sucks so much.... :(

No problems yet for me. Didn't even have to lower my overclock for Doom3.

joemama said:

Yea I know I screwed the pooch!
I thought I could edit but no joy!
Just hook me up to a 600w PS and throw the switch :eek:
Maybe someone who is more smarterer than me could get it right!

My XFX 6800GT was borked out of the box, however the PNY 6800GT is sexypants ultrapwn.

have an eVga 6800nu....no install problems; running 10x7 @ high quality - slightly choppy when transitioning between sceens, but I haven't played with the config files yet.....other than that, its smooth as butta

got by EVGA 6800 GT in the mail today.

Put it in my sn41g2 with 250W Power Supply, text and graphics are corrupted at all levels. Call Evga, the guy on the phone pretty much confirms my suspision that the memory is bad on the card. Asks me to put it in another PC before I RMA it to make sure that power isn't a issue.

Put it in my secondary PC with a 5 year old Deer brand 300W PS, Power Supply Explodes in a puff of Smoke just about instantly.

Call A friend of mine, who has a thermaltake 560W power supply. Gets the same corruption deal I get on my shuttle.

Try to RMA Card Through EVGA and apparently they dont RMA to people in PA since they don't ship to my address. Finally RMA'D through Newegg.

To say I had a bad day is a little bit of an understatement right now. :)

Back