Hi all,
I have a Gainward 6600GT which is delivered together with a software to overclock it called expertTool. Normally the 2D clock should be 300 but It can go up to 500 and still be under the "green" area, which means no problem.
I noticed that after installing the new Expertool that the card sundelly goes automatically to 500. I wasn't very confotable with it than I pressed the default button and it went back to 300.
Somehow, the card went back to 500 but I haven't noticed it and while I was watching a power point presentation my screen started to flicker and sometimes freeze. I had this once before than I remebered to check the clock. It was 500, I lowered it down to 300. The computer was still acting strangelly but at least I could use it.
I went to the event viewer and I saw an error I can't remember well, I didn't think about writing it down since it is stored in the log. Anyway was something like 'error nv reducing t1 -> t0" or something similar.
Ok, this error was twice there. I have seen it last time as well when the screen flickered. I'm sure it's because of the 500 clock. Ok, I waited for sometime until my Windows XP was looking stable then I turned it off.
I was very surprised to see that I couldn't boot to Windows. "Couldn't find NTDLR" or something like this. Ok, I though, I will use the windows intall cd to boot and fix it. The problem is that after showing the "Checking your hardware" thing, the screen would stay black and nothing else happened"
No prob. I just use Acronis to write an image from a week ago. Everything works fine now.
I decided to stop using the Expertool and now I use nvidia's drivers to overclock. The 2D clock will stay now 320 and I think it's enough.
Now, I was really puzzled with this, how can my graphic card do such a damage ? Did you have something like this as well ?
wpr.
I have a Gainward 6600GT which is delivered together with a software to overclock it called expertTool. Normally the 2D clock should be 300 but It can go up to 500 and still be under the "green" area, which means no problem.
I noticed that after installing the new Expertool that the card sundelly goes automatically to 500. I wasn't very confotable with it than I pressed the default button and it went back to 300.
Somehow, the card went back to 500 but I haven't noticed it and while I was watching a power point presentation my screen started to flicker and sometimes freeze. I had this once before than I remebered to check the clock. It was 500, I lowered it down to 300. The computer was still acting strangelly but at least I could use it.
I went to the event viewer and I saw an error I can't remember well, I didn't think about writing it down since it is stored in the log. Anyway was something like 'error nv reducing t1 -> t0" or something similar.
Ok, this error was twice there. I have seen it last time as well when the screen flickered. I'm sure it's because of the 500 clock. Ok, I waited for sometime until my Windows XP was looking stable then I turned it off.
I was very surprised to see that I couldn't boot to Windows. "Couldn't find NTDLR" or something like this. Ok, I though, I will use the windows intall cd to boot and fix it. The problem is that after showing the "Checking your hardware" thing, the screen would stay black and nothing else happened"
No prob. I just use Acronis to write an image from a week ago. Everything works fine now.
I decided to stop using the Expertool and now I use nvidia's drivers to overclock. The 2D clock will stay now 320 and I think it's enough.
Now, I was really puzzled with this, how can my graphic card do such a damage ? Did you have something like this as well ?
wpr.