Problems with 250G WD Drive and XP Install

Patman

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
1,053
I am trying to install windows XP Pro on my 250GIG hard drive and I can't get it to recognize the full 250 in one peice. I know it can because i used the WD utlity to set it up in the same system and it recognized it then but now I can't get it past 127 and I can't get the CD to format it right. Any ideas?
 
chances are your mobo doesnt support hdd's that big try flashin the newest bios onto it...i gurantee you thats the prob
 
I believe you need to have SP1 or higher for XP to recognize the full drive.
 
Ok well I tried that and it boots into XP then when I reset it says data is missing or something, then i rewrote the boot sector now NTRDL or something is missing, both error messages say three finger solute and i just get the same thing. Any ideas? I tried the DDO thing from WD but my hard drive activity light goes full and just sits there, Ideas?
 
Back
Top