Problems setting up my Dreamcast, please help.

Kuyt

Gawd
Vga resolution is 640x480. The cable works fine. My vga converter also takes the rca audio output of the Dreamcast and just convert it just like a normal rca>3.5mm jack. It also has a pass through function so when I turn on the Dreamcast it interrupts both audio and video signals from the pc. To get the audio from the console you need a cable that converts both audio and video. And the link to the cable shows the audio port needed. All thats missing now is a cable like this http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=10218&cs_id=1021804&p_id=665&seq=1&format=2

Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Last edited:
Vga resolution is 640x480. The cable works fine. My vga converter also takes the rca audio output of the Dreamcast and just convert it just like a normal rca>3.5mm jack. It also has a pass through function so when I turn on the Dreamcast it interrupts both audio and video signals from the pc. To get the audio from the console you need a cable that converts both audio and video. And the link to the cable shows the audio port you need.

Posted via [H] Mobile Device

something's wrong because it works fine on my friend's HDTV....

Yeah, the TV is doing 1:1 pixel mapping, there should be a setting to allow scaling.

And you have no audio because VGA doesn't carry it, you need a separate cable for that.

I'm a little confused. Why are you using a VGA cable on a dreamcast?

I'm a little confused. Why are you using a VGA cable on a dreamcast?

Because it provides the best picture quality.

The other posters are correct, you need to set your TV to 'Zoom' or 'Fill' mode, it's currently mapping the pixels 1:1.

I tried hooking mine up to my Toshiba HDTV with my VGA box, and I got an 'unusable resolution' displayed on the TV :(

Works on my 19" HDTV/Monitor though. It may vary from TV to TV unfortunately.

Good luck setting up your dial up internet on that thing buddy! hahahahah

Wow man, DC sure was an awesome console. Other than maybe the original Xbox the best console ever made....of course, some would say the ps1 was the precursor to the modern era of gaming.

Just depends on who you ask and if they know anything....!

I think there was a broadband adapter for the Dreamcast... might be able to find one on ebay or something... well wait a minute, nobody probably plays any of those games online anymore. Lol, nvm

The Dreamcast was the last videogame console I will ever own. Simply one of the best.

Back