• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Problems running physx demo on physx card

Balthazor

Gawd
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
688
I've been able to run these demos in the past, but at least as of July 13th, I couldn't.

Every demo fails, some with error messages.

Is anyone else seeing this with their demos? I'm talking about the Dark Physics demos that come with the driver set.

It looks like the demo might be calling a webpage that is supposed to 'splash' on screen right before the demo, but the webpage has been pulled down.

That or my installation got screwed up somehow.

Thanks for your feedback.
 
What drivers are you running? Are you talking about the new Nvidia PhysX release? The demos seem to run fine here (but you are really not missing much).
 
I'm using the latest nvidia release.

I think something is screwy with my installation. Just wanted to check.

I don't care about the demos themselves. All the other Physx diagnostics check out, but normally I can run the demos just fine. Not currently.
 
The previous release (8.04.12 I think) installed and worked fine. Maybe a corrupt download or something strange.

I don't need the GPU support of the 8.06 release, so I'm not going to bother troubleshooting further.

Thanks for your feedback, cyber.
 
I just noticed something interesting with the demos. They seem to run slower if launching the ones that come with the driver. Even with hardware support I can barely get 60 FPS on any of the demos, which seemed odd (to the point where I was questioning whether it was running in hardware or software).

But then I downloaded the source to the demos and compiled myself and saw huge gains. All of the demos now run at full speed 100 FPS+. Not sure whats going on there, but something is off. You can download the Dark Physics Trial here:
http://files.thegamecreators.com/physxcomp/darkphysics_trial.zip

It includes the demos with the driver and more. Just open one of the demo projects and hit F5. You will see it runs much faster. Maybe those will work for you Balthazor.
 
Back
Top