Problems POST'ing

Darkmp40

Limp Gawd
Hey guys got a question for ya. I got my old computer i'm using at the moment, while i wait for rma on my main one since motherboard crapped out, luckily had warranty. But anyways, The problem I'm having is when I turn it on it won't post half the time. Even let it sit for 5 minutes on, nothing. I can here the hardrive spinning and everything. So I have to turn it on and off on and off, on and off, on and off, sometimes it takes me a dozen tries, sometimes on the first try. Its a old PCPartner RS480ak9-a58s with the ATI Radeon Xpress 200 video in it. AMD Athlon x2 3800 skt 939 2gb PC3200. Thats about all I can tell ya other than I did clear the bios memory (cold boot) several times, and no improvement.

Link To Motherboard

Thanks for the help In advanced

pull some ram out, move it around.

Might be a flaky powersupply though.

EDIT: Why does your upcoming pc show:
Coming Soon(AM3 Rig): Lian Li Server Case | ASUS M4A79T Deluxe AM3 790FX | Phenom II X4 940 3.0GHz | OCZ Platinum 6GB - 3x2GB | 2 Sapphire Radeon 4850 X2 2GB Running In Crossfire | 6 Seagate

The CPU is AM2+, the motherboard is AM3, not compatible

Thank you for pointing out that was just a typo lol i'll fix that.

Moved ram around several times. I've also tried a different power supply same thing.

The ram was in the every other slot for just 2 sticks like the manual said. Well i put them directly next to eachother, and it hasn't done it since. which makes no damn sense?

The ram was in the every other slot for just 2 sticks like the manual said. Well i put them directly next to eachother, and it hasn't done it since. which makes no damn sense?

Good to hear its running now.

Some possible causes, weak integrated memory controller, voltage problems on those ram slots, oxidation on ram slot, problem seating in ram slot.

Unfortunately we may never know.

Good to hear its running now.

Some possible causes, weak integrated memory controller, voltage problems on those ram slots, oxidation on ram slot, problem seating in ram slot.

Unfortunately we may never know.

Yeah I don't understand it, The color Cordnated ramslots are together if you understand what i mean. Ex: Some motherboards it goes, Yellow black Yellow black, Well on this one its blue blue red red. Even though the Manual says put it in every other for only two sticks of dual channel ram. Since I used to have every slot full until I built my current computer which isn't working, I took two gigs out and put it in my sisters computer. So I arranged it as manual said. But I put it the two stick in the blue side and hasn't done it since. Odd.. Oh well, still waiting for rma on my mobo

Yeah I don't understand it, The color Cordnated ramslots are together if you understand what i mean. Ex: Some motherboards it goes, Yellow black Yellow black, Well on this one its blue blue red red. Even though the Manual says put it in every other for only two sticks of dual channel ram. Since I used to have every slot full until I built my current computer which isn't working, I took two gigs out and put it in my sisters computer. So I arranged it as manual said. But I put it the two stick in the blue side and hasn't done it since. Odd.. Oh well, still waiting for rma on my mobo

This board must of been ahead of its time. Most older S939/S478 using DDR1 ram did like you said, Like Purple/Black Purple/Black so you would populate either the Purple or Black for Dual channel mode but not 1 Purple/ 1 Black.

Some boards are odd like yours though, My ASUS M3A78-T does like your PCpartner, I have two Yellow, then two Black, and you populate either the Yellows, or the Black for Dual Channel, Its setup this way on these odd boards. Yours probably even shows something Like A1/B1 for red, then A2/B2 for black, meaning you populate just channel 1 first.

Back