• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Problems overclocking HIS HD5870

dnottis

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Aug 14, 2001
Messages
4,768
Just picked up a 5870 to play with and maybe replace 480 GTX.

Having some issues, this is the icooler with the better aftermarket cooler. I cannot enable any voltage options within afterburner 1.6.1. Tried through ini and through the app but voltage options just aren't available. The other problem I've had is that almost any bump above stock results in hung games / 3d apps. I replaced the tim with AC MX-4. everything is making good contact, next I'll install my water block but for my testing so far I can't get this thing to do much along the lines of overclocking... anyone got any suggestions for voltage options? I guess my only chance of a decent OC will be to flash the card?

Temps aren't breaking 65 with the fan at 60% or so. I think she just needs some voltage but I've not had any luck unlocking the option in Afterburner.
 
Doesn't many non-reference designs remove the voltage controller thingy? No idea if that's the case here, just thought I'd point it out.
 
Sounds like it might not be reference designed and might not have the necessary voltage hardware. Have you taken the cooler off yet and checked out the PCB?
 
I was thinking the "non reference" problem as well.

Have similar issue with my Matrix 5870s. I prefer AB to itracker2, but voltage is locked out in anything BUT Itracker2, so for now I am running tests with stock voltage/cranked fan speeds in AB to see how far they will go. (945 at the moment, I'll have some final results after weekend)
 
I flashed the card to the MSI lightning bios, now I have voltage control. I'm running 925/1300 on air, load mid 50's. I'm guessing I can push higher but I will wait till its on water. Tomorrow my water block goes on it.
 
Nice.

Please post what you achieve with the water block!

I am sitting at 950 core (haven't done memory yet) on air, stock voltage, on my ROG 5870s. Gonna test mem next, then push voltage to see where these go. (temps about like yours- mid upper 50s at full stress)
 
Back
Top