• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Problems overclocking 6276 extra spicy (4P)

The CPUs for my other setup arrived so I tested them with the current board, but I still can't OC the thing without backing down the voltage. :p I now have 4 AD chips running at 3.0 at 1025mV. I want more, but 3.0 seem to be the ceiling at that voltage and I can't back it down anymore without it randomly asploding. As a side-effect, I have a relatively nice power consumption.

I'm still waiting for my RMA'd board so I can't test it with that. I just have the best of luck don't I? Makes me wanna just sell everything and get a 4x4650s.
 
Last edited:
I was folding with a pair of ES 6282's at 1.2v at 3400mhz solid, but when I put it in a 4P mobo, it was hating life. It would crash at 3000mhz, so I stopped at 2.8ghz.

One thing I'm curious about....

I get speeds of 2.6, 2.7, 2.8 without altering the factory settings. It's a crap-shoot what speed Clockspeed reports. But PPD seems to agree with Clockspeed. In the power levels, there is no 2.7 or 2.8. All core is 3.0.
 
What board revision do you have Qinsp? Actually, I was curious as to what the latest board revision was for the H8QGL was. Anybody know this information? Thanks.
 
I know my H8QGL "was" mfr'd after Feb 2013, since that was the BIOS date when it came from SM.
 
DOH!!!!

I'm a retard. My quad G34 6282 is a Tyan S8812. My GL is 6176.
 
I know my H8QGL "was" mfr'd after Feb 2013, since that was the BIOS date when it came from SM.

Not necessarily. For the SM board, you can find the board revision on the PCB left-top near the board model ID.
 
I see you've put AD chips on sale, giving up on those?
 
I see you've put AD chips on sale, giving up on those?

Yeah, trying to go another route but only if they sell. I could shave off $125.0/each but only for [H] folks and if you buy all four. :)
 
Back
Top