• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Problems overclocking 3000+ Venice

Natsuiro

n00b
Joined
Nov 13, 2005
Messages
29
Hi. I'm pretty much a complete newbie when it comes to overclocking and I've run into some trouble.

I'm using a DFI Lanparty nF4-D and S959 3000+ Venice and I can't overclock very high.
I'm also using corsair value select ram (1GB).

I was only able to get the HTT to 240x9 before it wouldn't start windows. I lowered the HT multiplier to 3 and I still couldn't go any higher. I tried lowering the RAM divider as well to many values including 100. I tried upping the voltages to around 1.65 for the CPU and 2.8 for the RAM and it didn't help either.

I'm not really sure what to do now.

Right now I am running the system at 235x9 with the memory at 1:1 and it is stable. The HT multiplyer is at 4. The memory is clocked at 2.5-3-3-7

Also I'm surprised my memory clocked so high. How hot is too hot for the RAM?

thanks alot.
 
Assuming you've got decent cooling, looks like you tried everything. Might just be unlucky; they can't all OC well after all.

If it's any consolation, it doesn't matter a flying fuck and OCing your processor is just a form of masturbation. It makes no tangible difference in gaming performance. See here for proof:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/cpu-games2.html
 
Back
Top