Problems installing XP on newly built computer!!!

pickupartist3

Weaksauce
Here is my situation: I built a computer 5 years ago and have since been out of the game. My old computer's motherboard quit working, so I decided it was time to upgrade. I went online and bought all of the compatible parts to make it work. After some troubleshooting, the computer now powers on successfully, but I am having some problems getting it up and running. I first turned it on and it recognized all of the new hardware I have installed, but I had not wiped the data from the old harddrive that I am using still with the new setup. So it repeatedly would try to start windows but would not be successful. I have since re-formatted the harddrive so it is completely blank to start from scratch. That means that everything is completely "new" and should be receptive to installing all drivers and the operating system. But now when I start it up, it recognizes the motherboard and the graphics card by flashing a screen very quickly for both. After that the screen goes blank and after a few seconds a screen comes up that says to press ctlr+alt+del to restart. I put in the XP system and restarted the computer but the same thing happens and it doesn't let me install the operating system or drivers....it just keeps telling me to restart the computer. No boot from disk screen or anything. Do you all have any troubleshooting tips for me? I am clueless at this point and am really excited to get the system up and running... Any ideas what my problem may be and how I can fix it? Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Apparently the screen positioning was off because I was missing part of the message. When I repositioned to fit the screen this is what it says in full:

NTLDR is missing
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart
_

Any ideas? Thanks.

make sure its set to boot from CD before the harddrive in the bios
then it will ask to boot from CD

Yes, what he said.

NTLDR is missing means the NT LoaDeR. Thats your Windows boot loader that you deleted when you formatted your drive. Exactly as it should be. No problems.

Back