Problems installing Office 2007 onto Vista x64.

equalme

Gawd
I have been trying all night to install Office 2007 onto my system. The problem I am running into is that when I start up a Office application (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.) it will try to install/customize some more and then a window will pop up saying something like:

"Microsoft Word has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application."

I have re-downloaded the Office 2007 Professional trial twice already. I have uninstalled and installed it back about 3-4 times already in normal mode. I have tried to install it in safe mode, but Office 2007 gives an error while trying to install.

The only thing I have found out is that if I turn of UAC, then there is no problem at all. But once I turn UAC back on, then it will keep showing the pop up telling me to run the setup again.

I have already tried the Office 2007 repair and diagnostic. They both did nothing.

I have only one user account on my computer and it is set to administrator. I have checked permissions to make sure Everyone has full control.

Please let me know if you know a fix of some sort!

Thanks,
Anthony

yossarian

Gawd
Not much help to you, but I simply slapped in the install disk for Office 2007 on my Vista 64 computer and it installed and ran with no issues.

equalme

Gawd
Hmm...maybe I should burn the download and try to install it that way. Thanks, I'll go give that a try. If anything, I can just go pick up a Enterprise edition from my university for $29.