TwinTurboJosh
Weaksauce
- Joined
- Mar 15, 2005
- Messages
- 69
I finally got everything installed on my new rig, but when I turned on the PSU I hear a high-pitched noise come from the computer. The computer won't power on either. I checked all the front panel connections on the mobo, and they're fine. The one thing I can think of is that the mobo is being grounded out.
I'm using a Thermaltake Soprano case, and there isn't any sort of documentation on which screws to use where. I was using these screws with a large head on them, and a serated section that looks like it bites into whatever it screws into (screw on the right). These screws have a really large head on them, and it looks like the screw might be touching parts of the mobo outside of the circle around the mounting holes. The other screws have a smaller head on them, but the threads are too short, and they don't completely tighten.
Anyone else ever install a mobo into a Thermaltake case and know which one I need to use? Or what else could be causing my problem
Additionally, I'm using the mounting standoffs, so the mobo isn't completely contacing the motherboard tray. I'm wanting to use the smaller headed screws since they aren't contacting the PCB outside the metallic circles around the mounting holes, but the threads are too short and not screwing tight. Can the motherboard be grounded by the I/O ports touching the I/O shield?
Here's a picture of the screws for reference
I'm using a Thermaltake Soprano case, and there isn't any sort of documentation on which screws to use where. I was using these screws with a large head on them, and a serated section that looks like it bites into whatever it screws into (screw on the right). These screws have a really large head on them, and it looks like the screw might be touching parts of the mobo outside of the circle around the mounting holes. The other screws have a smaller head on them, but the threads are too short, and they don't completely tighten.
Anyone else ever install a mobo into a Thermaltake case and know which one I need to use? Or what else could be causing my problem
Additionally, I'm using the mounting standoffs, so the mobo isn't completely contacing the motherboard tray. I'm wanting to use the smaller headed screws since they aren't contacting the PCB outside the metallic circles around the mounting holes, but the threads are too short and not screwing tight. Can the motherboard be grounded by the I/O ports touching the I/O shield?
Here's a picture of the screws for reference
