Problems, but is it the PS?

Joined
Jan 15, 2005
Messages
42
I have just installed a new motherboard in a computer, but now it refuses to start. No display happens, but you hear one beep, and then it shuts off. If you wait a few minutes, it will turn back on for a couple seconds, then shut off again. I tried unhooking things to check, and it still doesn't work. Is this the power supply that's faulty?
 
I am pretty sure it is.
The best way to know for sure is to get another power supply to test it.
If u already have one thats of course the best solution.I say don't stick with crappy generic PSU's
 
I've put another one in, but then i noticed it was a weaker power supply, so obviously that didn't work.
 
Pull the motherboard out of the computer and bench build the system first. Never assume just because it’s in your case everything is perfect. Even a small intermittent short circuit can cause exactly what your experiencing.

Always bench build first, saves time in the end
 
Back
Top