Problems booting

Koreanzulu

Weaksauce
I was playing unreal 2k4 and my computer suddenly froze up, i had to do a hard restart. When it rebooted the welcome screen showed a mouse and it stayed there for a about 10 seconds (much longer than normal) then when it booted the taskbar came in piece by piece as opposed to all at once and it took a few extra seconds to do than normal. Also when shutting down it goes normally until it says Windows is now Shutting down and it stays their for about 20 seconds which it used to do instantaneously. I am using windows xp home and any suggestions on what to do would be most helfpful. Thanks

Sup Korean. Try some basic stuff to start with. Scandisk, defrag, then scan for Virii and spyware. Could be memoy timings too tight or voltages need a bump. Try reloading your mainboard chipset drivers and video card drivers again after the maintenance then boot to your bios and have a glance at your memory ratios and such and check your voltages. If timings are really tight consider loosening it up a little.

I scandisked and defraged and didn't help the problems. I have my memory timings at 2-3-3-8 these are default timing for my corsair twinx platinum. What are normal voltages?

Back