AMD 64 3200+ 939
DFI UT Ultra-D
2 x 512 Crucial Balistix 3200
Sapphire X800 GTO2 with ATi Silencer 5
Maxtor 250GB SATA
DVD Burner and DVD Drive and Floppy
Antec True Power 480.

Alrite on the to the bad stuff.

I put everything in the machine last nite and made sure everything was hooked up. Sure enough it is. I turned it on and everything looks fine, everything starts spinning but then after 5 seconds I get a beep and the CPU fan (Zalman CPNS 7000) stops turning. As I am getting ready to turn it off the Lanparty UT logo comes up on my moniter. So I turn off the computer and plug in the 4 pin square connector to the motherboard. Great, now I turn it on and everything keeps spinning even the CPU after 5 seconds but I don't get anything on the moniter. So I think, hey it could by this crappy Ultra V-Series 400W, so today I went and bought a Antec 480 True Blue v2.0 which should handle everything. Sure enough it does the same exact thing. So I try unpluggin the IDE cables and the SATA and just let the motherboard do its thing, no display with cable but no CPU fan stop, and CPU fan stop but display comes up before I shut it down when I have the cable in. Anyways, I just put in the Stock AMD Cooler thinking it could be the Zalman, but its still doing the same thing.

I am out of ideas here and want to get this computer up and running. I have a 6600GT that I tried but it still did the same thing. Anyways I don't think its the video card because I do get a good image when the lanparty logo comes up. The only thing I can think of is that Sapphire took away the PCIe connctor on the GTO2, but that means its getting enough juice from the motherboard. I have the 24pin ATX connector in, and I disconnected everything that is no essential.

Also, Theres the 4 diagnostics on my mobo, when the 4 pin is plugged in it stats off with all four, but it ends up showing just one, the VGU (Video Card) and then I turn it off. Without it plugged in (when everything spins but nothing shows up) it shows all 4 lights, the vpu, ram, chip and all 4 meanting System Start-Up

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Back