Problems after WRT54G Flash

anths

Limp Gawd
I recently flashed my wrt54g to the freeman 1.04 firmware (basically the sveasoft talisman firmware) and everything with the flash went fine. Prior to the flash, my whole system was working flawlessly, wired and wireless components were talking to eachother and all had net access. My problem is that the router no longer will retrieve an IP from the ISP - i.e no internet. The internal network seems to be setup correctly, all IP's assigned via DHCP, MAC filtering and WPA in place for security. I tried setting the router as a static IP to the net but that did absolutely nothing, it still would not connect to the ISP. Just for shits and giggles I reflashed the Alchemy firmware and later the offical linksys firmware just to make sure that it wasnt the firmware I was using and there seems to be no difference.

DHCP is set up correctly, even static IP didn't work
Unit is set for gateway mode (but tried router and it did not work)
WPA/MAC Filtering was turned off to ensure that was not the problem

I am pretty stumped. Truth be told, all I wanted was the SSH server and the power increase the firmware allows so that I can sit anyway in my yard and be on the net!

have you tried to reset the router to defaults? If you are using comcast, you might need to reset the modem after a FW flash. Have you tried connecting directly to the internet, not using the router?

Aside: please be aware that if you boost the power of the antenna too much, you can permanently damage your router.

Back