Problems after Vista wakes from Sleep

WhiteZero

2[H]4U
I've noticed two problems with my Vista Ultimate x64 with SP1 after I wake it up from Sleep mode.
I'll usualy loose one of my IDE hard drives (2 on IDE one on SATA, the one on SATA is my OS drive). And when I try to shutdown or reboot, it takes about a full 2 minutes for anything to actually happen after I tell it to reboot or shutdown.
Of course, if I dont use Sleep mode, everything seems to work just fine.

I have had better luck with "Hybrid sleep" turned on with a desktop machine than with it disabled. However, I've never been able to get sleep to work with a desktop machine very well. It works great on my laptop. Unfortunately, it seems they really still aren't optimizing drivers for sleep on a desktop, even though sleep is the default option on the Vista start menu.

Well I can't find any reference to Hybrid in Vista, other than searching for "Power" in Control Pannel, theres a link to "Turning Hybrid off and on", and after clicking the link it just takes me to regular power options; aside from that I see no other reference to Hybrid anywhere in Advanced power options.
So does anyone else have a recommendation?

In Power Options, click "Change plan settings" under the plan you're using, then "Change advanced power settings". Expand Sleep -> Allow Hybrid Sleep.

However, I'm not sure how it would help the problems; Hybrid Sleep means that it also creates a hibernation file to restore from in case the power is lost (hence, if you use sleep mode, this should pretty much always be on - it's a very useful feature).

I'm mostly assuming it's just my motherboard not powering the drive back up when returning from Sleep. So I'm thinking it something between Windows and my Mobo. Either way, I'll look again for the Hybrid Sleep option when I get home. I didnt see it last time for some reason.

In Power Options, click "Change plan settings" under the plan you're using, then "Change advanced power settings". Expand Sleep -> Allow Hybrid Sleep.
Yup, I have no such option. The Sleep category only has "Sleep After" and lets you set a time limit.
I've checked all over Power Plan options and the only way I even see the word "Hibernation" is if I search for "Sleep" or "Hibernation" in Control Panel:
hybernation.jpg

But other than in the search window, it wont show anywhere. There must be some kind of setting I changed to make it go away I guess...

Where I say "Power Options", I mean clicking on the green "Power Options" next to the power icon.

But if you click "Turn hibernation on or off", it takes you to the screen for your current power plan; if you click "Change advanced power settings" and then expand "Sleep" > "Allow Hybrid Sleep", the option should be there.

Where I say "Power Options", I mean clicking on the green "Power Options" next to the power icon.

But if you click "Turn hibernation on or off", it takes you to the screen for your current power plan; if you click "Change advanced power settings" and then expand "Sleep" > "Allow Hybrid Sleep", the option should be there.

Yes, I know what you meant. The pic I posted above was showing one of the places I actually see Hibernation listed.
Heres what I see in the advanced options:
nohiber.jpg

"Hibernation" or "Hybrid" is no where in my Advanced options.
Dose this maybe have anything to do with SP1?

Don't you need to enable sleep to be able to view the hybrid option? May want to enable sleep to after 2 hrs, then see if the option is there.

Back