Problems adding another SATA drive

Limp Gawd
I'm trying to add a Seagate 250 gig drive to my p4p800 e deluxe. I already have two 36 gig raptors in raid 0 ( Yea I know this isn't the smartest thing to do). The raptors are on the intel chip. I am pretty sure I have the bios set up properly. The drive shows up in the bios and during the start up. It just won't show up in windows. I've tried to uninstall/reinstall the "WinXP Promise Fast Trak 378 Controller" ( There is an exclamation point next to this device in the "device manager" and the error is "This device cannot start. (Code 10)".and keep get a screen that reads "A problem occured during hardware installation, Your new hardware might not work properly". If I unplug the raptors the I have been able to install windows on the new drive. When I plug the raptors in, the new drive will not show up in windows again. I am really getting frustrated with this. Can someone help?

It seems that even a single drive must be set up using the raid utility in the bios. Once I configured the single drive as a stripe, it showed up in Windows disk manager. ASUS helped me get through this with there live phone support. I was impressed and give kudos to them for having live phone support. It seems to be based here in the US with english speeking reps. I could comunicate with. :D

Back