Problem

webbed

Weaksauce
I was switching around two fans in my computer. I conected them and when I tried to turn it on nothing went on. None of the fans are spinning and the computer doesnt turn on. It was working fine before I did anything. I dont know what happened to it.

Since the fans aren't spinning, I'd say the PSU is dead.

Is the power switched "on" by any chance?

When I switch the button on the psu it makes a quiet high pitched sound.

Indeed, does sound like the PSU is dead, however, if you have a multimeter you could always give it a test. Sometimes problems between hardware can look similar. Just a suggestion before you lay down money on a new PSU, as DMM's are always useful when constructing and trouble shooting PC's.

sorry about the psu. treat yourself to something nice and modular. i did and i love it.
maybe i'm not allowed to advertise in here but I got a 500w Ultra X-Connect Modular PSU at frys for 40 bux with rebate about a week ago. recognize.

I tried a diffrent power supply in the computer and it didnt work. When I put the first power supply in a diffrent computer it started up and worked so the power supply isnt dead. I think its the motherboard so I sent it back to get a replacement so I'm waiting for it to come.

Back