Problem

painball

n00b
I took out my computer the other day to attempt to install a HDD I found in the trash. Now, for some odd reason, when I try and start up BF2 with the disk in the drive, it says that there is no disk there.

The computer as a whole doesn't recognize the disk, but for some reason it recognizes all other CDs. :confused: I checked the IDE connection the the drive, and it's in there well. Why must my computer always have errors that make no sense at all? :(

While I'm on the topic of strange errors my computer gets, sometimes if I'm using the ports on the back of my video card (AIW 9800), my computer locks up, then gives a long beep or 2 during start-up (which I think notes a video error). Sometimes it doesn't have anything to do with the video card, it's just random. :confused: I thought it was my PSU (450W), but it should be able to handle everything. I hate this computer.

I tried putting the disk in my other computer, and it was recognized just fine. I don't get why it's doing this. Other CD's work perfectly, but only this one doesn't? :mad:

It doesn't recognize any of the other BF2 disks either. :( Maybe working on the computer with the disk in the drive caused it to do something.

Hrm...well, usually if a drive sees all your cd's but one, it's because the one is bad.

You said you added a drive, did your drive letters change? If the CD drive changed from 'D:' to 'E:' your old shortcuts might not work.

Strange, tho <shrug>

darkisz said:
Hrm...well, usually if a drive sees all your cd's but one, it's because the one is bad.

You said you added a drive, did your drive letters change? If the CD drive changed from 'D:' to 'E:' your old shortcuts might not work.

Strange, tho <shrug>
I tried to add a drive, but decided not to. It strange though because the CD shows up in my other computer.

I got it working now...for some reason unplugging and rearranging cables managed to fix the issue. :)

Back