Problem

DREW10

Weaksauce
alright.....i just built my first comp. and i turned it on for the first time.....but i got "no input" on my screen......the fans all turned on and the cpu fan turned on.....i double checked everthing but still no go......its all brand new hardware so nothing can be broken......
heres my sys. specs.

gigabyte GA-7N400-L
ATI radeon 9200
AMD athlon 2400
western digital 80 gig hd
DVD rw drive(too lazy to find out)

anybody got any advice :confused:
DREW

DREW10 said:
all brand new hardware so nothing can be broken......

It can still be broken.

But, first thing to check is to make sure you have your jumper settings correctly for your CPU on the motherboard. Refer to the motherboard manual.

Make sure your videocard is pushed in all the way, and recheck memory modules. You also might want to reseat HSF....

DREW10 said:
reset the CMOS.....do you take out th batery for that????
yeah you can do that or theres usually a jumper on the motherboard that you change for 20 seconds and then change it back. Refer to your manual for the motherboard. It should tell you exactly how to do it.

did your computer literally say "no input," or did u just get a blank screen?

that seems strange... did you reset your cmos yet?

if that doesnt work, try running your comp with just the vid card, mobo, ram and proc and see if you still get the same error message.

i reset the cmos(took the bat. out for 2 min) then i saw that the monitor plug has two prongs missing :eek: .....so i tried it with another monitor and before i pluged it in it says "check system cable"......i plug it in to my comp and it go to a black screen...like i just turned the monitor off but i didnt :confused: :confused: :mad:

i didnt know that building a comp is so hard

DREW

DREW10 said:
i saw that the monitor plug has two prongs missing :eek: .....so i tried it with another monitor and before i pluged it in it says "check system cable"......i plug it in to my comp and it go to a black screen...like i just turned the monitor off but i didnt :confused: :confused: :mad:

i didnt know that building a comp is so hard

DREW
Some monitors just dont have all the pins that the cable looks like its supposed to have. Unless yours really is missing pins, it probably isnt the problem.

no.....the monitor is fine....i tried it with another comp......
I think im going to take it to the comp store in the mall.....I took it all apart and put back together.......still it doesnt work :mad:
O WELL

DREW

no.....the monitor is fine....i tried it with another comp......
I think im going to take it to the comp store in the mall.....I took it all apart and put back together.......still it doesnt work :mad:
O WELL

DREW

one more question........i have the gigabyte ga-7n400....it has a little LED light that comes on near the MEM. that tells you that the MEM. is on and not to take it out....so you dont short the MEM......now.....am i right in assuming that if that is on than the MOBO is NOT fried :confused:

Back