problem with youtube

p.i.m.p

Gawd
Hi,

sole user of the PC, everything is a-ok except YT.

Early this morning and for the past two weeks same routine, listen to YT and play PoE, this morning was no exception, but i had to do a food/smokes run, get back, decided to watch some trailers and just get errors. others have no problems, even with same ISP.

cleared cache/cookies, restarted pc, rebooted modem, cursed alot, still am

clearly YT's problem

Hi,
sole user of the PC, everything is a-ok except YT.
Early this morning and for the past two weeks same routine, listen to YT and play PoE, this morning was no exception, but i had to do a food/smokes run, get back, decided to watch some trailers and just get errors. others have no problems, even with same ISP.
cleared cache/cookies, restarted pc, rebooted modem, cursed alot, still am
clearly YT's problem

...there's a pretty obvious error in your logic.
read the last half of the 3rd line from the end - starting with "others have no problems...".
Now read your final line.
The two statements are contradictory.
You can confirm if it's a software or OS issue on your machine by trying another OS. If you want to go down that path, I suggest creating a USB key to boot another OS of your choice. Something like this is very flexible and lets you run a range of OS'es - Windows, Linux & others - https://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/

...or you could use another device on your home network - if you've got one. A laptop perhaps or a smart phone via your router's WiFi - assuming you've got it enabled.
Either way this doesn't sound like a YouTube issue from what you've written.
Good luck.

Not sure if this may help: Some time ago I had a problem with Youtube over ADSL line to Win 7 Laptop.

At 1st:
1-Watching a video became a pain, I cant remember the errors.
2-Otherwise I did not noticing a problem.
3-At this stage I suspected ADSL/ISP/Youtube problems.

I then investigate.
1-No problem with ADSL.
2-I downloaded a Youtube video, watch it from the HDD, same problem.
3-I then copied the video(MP4) to a USB stick and watch it=Zero problems.
4-I then decides that the problem probably comes from the disk.

I then further investigate.
1-The disk passed any HDD test I can throw at it from manufacturer, maybe not all there is.
2-I then get the bright idea to check the disk performance from Taskmanager-Resourcemanager opened, hdd monittor.

Here comes the thing:
I then watch the disk read/te Response Times as displayed.
I then saw that the longest delay was about up to 18 seconds, where it should be around 100ms mostly, maybe up to
500ms. Now this is where the problem comes from. I also noticed copying files from one of the directions, away or towards
disc, one of the directions also had slow response times.
I then bought a new HDD, reinstall windows 7 and all was perfect.

Note: I then connect the faulty HDD to USB, same problem, so it had nothing to do with operating system on it. Defrag or Diskcheck did not help. Strange Defrag never showed up a slow response time while it was running.

Just a thought: Check you Disc/HDD response times from Resource Monitor when tranferring a large file or watching MP4.

Last edited:
Some of the older "green" drives have problems waking up from sleep mode. This might be it

Back