Problem with wireless in Windows using bootcamp.

Mopower

Gawd
I have a 2010 Macbook Pro with Bootcamp and Win 7 64x installed.

I have had zero problems with this for 2 years now. About a week ago the wireless started to randomly disconnect. Now it disconnects within a few minutes of starting Windows.

This only happens on the Win 7 install. The OSX side works perfectly. Every other wireless device in my house works perfectly. I have an Asus RT-56U.

I uninstalled drivers for the wireless card and installed them again. This did not fix it.

This weekend I deleted the entire Win install and reinstalled it through Bootcamp. Then once it was up and set up a constant ping and let it run for 6 hours. I did not have any problems.

But yesterday the problem returned and it will not stay online wirelessly. I used the OSX side last night for about 4 hours and didn't have any problems. It seems to only be a problem with Win 7.

Any ideas?

try checking out the apple support forums. i had the same issue on my 2009 macbook pro, but i never used windows enough to really try and solve the problem. from what a remember, there are multiple people over there with the same issue so it shouldn't be hard to find a thread.

Back