problem with swtor and mouse keybinds

herfalerf

Gawd
not sure whether to post this here or in the gaming section. im having an issue with swtor and mouse keybinds. basically ive remapped my mouse thumb buttons to keys on the keyboard to make things easier when binding in swtor. the problem that i am having is although the keys are successfully bound (when i press the button it types the letter) swtor does not recognize them at all. its become such a problem that i even purchased a new mouse thinking it was the drivers from my deathadder not working with the game so i picked up the corsair m90. i just got it in and installed the drivers to find that it doesnt seem to work either. the odd thing is that my buddy with a naga says it works just fine for him to bind his mouse buttons to keyboard shortcuts and the game recognizes it. whats going on here? i really dont want to have to return this mouse.

I have a G700 and I've got 3 macros bound to it one of which instantly pops 6 things. (you have to put in a delay to avoid ghosting) but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Are you binding each specific move to an actual letter or number from your macro and not just binding it to your macro button itself?

I've got a Logitech M705 and I'm having the same issue, except the keys I've assigned to my buttons won't work for controls OR display in chat. This is quite annoying since I'm used to programming multiple mouse buttons for games like this, and I never had an issue in STO or when I was playing WoW.

I've tried binding mouse buttons to controls in-game, as well as assigning keystrokes to my buttons using Logitech's SetPoint settings... The game only recognizes some of my buttons, and when I set actions to "scroll up" or "scroll down" - even though that mouse action is now listed in keybinds, it will not perform the associated function.

If anyone knows of ANY kind of solution for this, I'd be very interested to hear of a fix or workaround.

Are you burning the macros to the mouse or are you using application detection?

SWTOR runs elevated and is causing problems with some systems because SetPoint does not have permission to talk to it unless you turn UAC all the way down.

If you write the macros to a profile on the mouse and manually switch to that profile and it still doesn't work, there's a bigger problem.

...you got an m90 to solve a problem? The mouse that the internet is filled with hatred for for it's lack of support for swtor? I don't play the game and I'm still pretty clear that's a strang choice.

Back