• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

problem with svid output

ChrisB99

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 20, 2003
Messages
311
I bought a refurbed 9500 np off ebay for real cheap, to use in my HTPC (nvidia mx chipset pci card :eek: )

well, put it in, gave it the aux power, set bios option to agp init first, connected with svid, but the screen is all fuggered up, looks like the picture is just scrolling downward the whole time, during post, and during windows bootup

put it in another box using vga cable, worked fine :(

anything Im missing, or is the svid output on this card fugged up?
 
I tried using another power connector, but still no go

Im not too upset because I didnt pay much for it, and I still have the pci card :eek:

I think I might swap out with the 7500 I put in the box for my sister, although I dont' think its going to be much better than the mx
 
well sometimes Im really smart

and sometimes I get lucky on a hunch

as it turns out the vid cards svid output was set default to pal, a little flasharoo to an ntsc default bios and voila :)
 
sweet. glad you figured that out, I know I would never have found that ! LOL
 
MATTRESS said:
sweet. glad you figured that out, I know I would never have found that ! LOL


I wish I would have figured it out before wasting $10 on a vga to svid adapter :eek:
 
Back
Top