Problem with Startup Scripts Win2k

Sneaky

n00b
We have a little problem with a startup script that we planed to use in our network (~120 PCs, all Win2k, 1 PDC, 1 BDC (Win2K Servers))

The script is written in Kix and runs fine on most PCs we tested it on - however we have some trouble getting it to run for every user on any PC - it's actualy quite odd.

Case A: Dev PC - Script runs fine, no matter which User logs in
Case B: WorkPC1 - Script runs fine, no matter which User logs in
Case C: WorkPC2 - Script runs fine if the Dev logs in and for -some- Users, but not for everyone (it does not even get started it seems)

We have no idea what could cause this - does anyone have an idea ? If You need to know more before being able to help, ask away and I will try to deliver the info you need (if doable for security reasons etc)

Thanks in advance

Check your Active Domain settings... sounds like not all user permissions are set correctly. Just an idea...

Startup scripts run when a system boots in the security context of the local machine. They should have nothing to do with whichever user logs on because they should have completed processing before someone can press ctrl-alt-del to logon.

Are you talking about logon scripts?

Yes, sorry, I am talking about logon scripts, I guess I got those confused translating.

We don't see anything wrong with the active domain settings, however I will take another look tomorrow morning.

It would be easier if it would not work at -all- for some Users - but as it is, it works for them on -some PCs-, simply not everywhere - while it works for others even on these PCs.

We created new Users, to make sure there were no forgoten entries somewhere that may cause this, but they are subject to the same problem (i.e. it works on the PC to my right, but not on mine for TestUser01 , while it works for CoWorker01 on mine PC just fine).

It makes no sense, for me anyway.

Back