• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

problem with sound "skipping"

Penz

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 7, 2003
Messages
84
I have a sound blaster live 5.1 card and a set of logitech z-340's. I have had them for a couple years on a couple different builds and has worked fine. About a month ago my sound has started to sound like its skipping. The skipping only last for a couple seconds. It does not matter what I am doing. It can be the sound from windows when it starts up, a game, or watching a video on windows media player. I started watching a car video that is about 10 min long and it seems to skip about every 3 minutes.
Any ideas on what it could be? I would like to buy a new sound card and speakers but it will be a month or two before I can.
 
Enable "PCI Delated Transaction" in your BIOS, and try lowering your Latency for your video card. The Live is PCI 2.1, and needs that extra buffer that modern BIOS's disable by default.
 
Back
Top