Problem with sleep mode

hawkeye_wx

Weaksauce
I am running a recently-installed copy of Windows 10 on a new ssd, on a 10-year-old laptop. The last few days I've noticed that when my system wakes up from sleep mode, videos no longer play correctly. Videos embedded in Twitter start running, but stutter badly and keep starting over after several seconds, and there is no audio. Youtube videos start running, but there is no audio and that rotating busy/buffering circle continues in the middle of the video. If I pause the video, it won't start back up. If I restart the system, videos run fine again. Any idea what the problem could be?

I'm thinking this problem did not exist when I first installed Windows 10, but I'm not positive.

I just did a system restore to a point before a major update a week ago, but it did not fix the problem.

totally different ..but kinda not .. I have a Chromebook with intel video (ChromeOS) that does the same thing .. video will stutter until I reboot and then plays fine until ChromeOS's version of sleep is used/kicks in. Intel video on your laptop?

Yes, this laptop has integrated intel graphics.

I also just learned that the system will also not play any audio, either, after waking from sleep mode. When I click on "listen live" on a radio station website, nothing plays. When I go into my audio settings and do a sound test, there's no sound. If I restart windows, audio plays just fine.

Last edited:
Is it using the Microsoft Basic Display driver or is there an actual Intel Driver installed? Also, see if there is chipset drivers available for that laptop as well.

Back