Problem with Remote Desktop: Help!

KingPariah777

[H]ard|Gawd
For the last few months I have had remote desktop set up on my local wireless network so I can access my main PC through my crappy laptop...

But for the last few weeks, whenever I try to connect, I get the following error message:

Remote Desktop Disconnected: Remote connections might not be enabled or the computer might be too busy to accept new connections. It is also possible that network problems are preventing your connection.

Any ideas what this could be besides bad network connections?
I haven't changed any of my network settings...

I dunno what causes it, but i've had it happen to me a couple of times. The only thing I can think of is it may have something to do with the way the last session was ended. Because if I restart the Client (the machine which i'm using to control the other), sometimes it'll work, othet times i'll have to restart the Host (the machine being controlled).

Are you connecting by IP or computer name? Double check the IP didn't change, try the opposite, either try the IP of the computer or the computer name.

Check Windows Firewall or any other firewall software such as nortion internet security etc that they're turned off or they allow RDP through.

Make sure under system properties and remote that allow other computers to connect is checked.

Reboot the host.

Try an ipconfig/flushdns on the remote computer.

S1nF1xx said:
Are you connecting by IP or computer name? Double check the IP didn't change, try the opposite, either try the IP of the computer or the computer name.

Check Windows Firewall or any other firewall software such as nortion internet security etc that they're turned off or they allow RDP through.

Make sure under system properties and remote that allow other computers to connect is checked.

Reboot the host.

Try an ipconfig/flushdns on the remote computer.
This is the problem...I rebooted the router a while back, and it re-assigned the IP address that I was trying to connect to.

Thanks!

Back