• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

problem with Raptor 150

Justintoxicated

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Apr 10, 2002
Messages
14,522
Well I purchased a Enterprise Raptor 150 a year ago, and 2 months after owning it it took a dump.

WD would only replace my BRAND NEW HD with a refurb...

So Better than nothing I took the refurbished unit.

Now today I started experiencing problems again. The problems seem to be similar to last time. Suddenly the HD powers off and the Computer blue screens then re-boots.

Is there any way I can ensure that the HD is the problem? I'm thinking to get something else at this point... I have always had really good luck with WD drives, but after this I think I need to switch to something else. Even if they replace the drive again I value my information more....
 
Have you checked your power supply for problems? How about your memory? Are you still on the same system as you were a year ago?
 
Same system, PSU is an Enermax Liberty, all rails seem ok.

Tested memory in memtest a while back and it check out fine as well.

Had memory and HD problems when I first put this together. Bad HD and Back sticks of OCZ. (replaced the memory, then origional HD died.)

The stupid computer seems to have stopped witht he bluescreens after I made this post. Anyone would say it is because it is overclocked but the CPU temp is like 29C, and It passed 48 hours of prime95 so I don't think that is the problem...
 
Back
Top