Problem with premissions across LAN

DarkCyber

[H]ard|Gawd
OK, not 100% certain I'm posting this in the correct location...but here goes.

I have two Windows 7 computers on my LAN (of which I just replaced two Windows XP computers with recently). I am having issues when I create an audio file on computer 1 and then try to copy it over to computer. 2 Sometimes I cannot overwrite the file on computer 2 and sometimes I cannot delete a file on computer 2 from computer 1 via windows exploer because it says I don't have permission. Here is the bigger problem I am having. When I create an audio file on computer 1 and copy it to computer 2 some of my programs (Simian Pro and Soundhound) cannot see the new files. To get them to see and use the files I have to go to properties and select the only user I have setup on computer 2 (which is an administrative account) and go down and click full control on all the checkboxes. The other way that works sometimes...I can cut the file from one directory on computer 2 and paste it into a different directory on computer 2 and then cut and paste it back to the original directory and that fixes the permissions.

In all my years...I have never run into a crazy issue like this. does anyone have a clue as to how to fix this? Driving me nuts :eek:

This is a workgroup? Do the user accounts on both computers have matching usernames and passwords?

This is a workgroup? Do the user accounts on both computers have matching usernames and passwords?

Yes, this is a workgroup. I am not using usernames and passwords. I basically have it setup the same way I did on the Windows XP computers.

Windows automatically hands over the current user's credentials to the share as a first-try for network access, IIRC. I don't recall XP doing that, and it may be causing your headaches.

Back