• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Problem with power supply

ironroot

n00b
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
55
Hi
I just built a new computer but have ran into a small problem
When ever my apartment is cool my computer will not turn on. It acts as if the 4 pin power connection is not pluged it.

When the apartment is warm it boots up just fine.

I am wondering if the power supply is bad or if it is a motherboard problem

System
CPU: Intel E8400
Motherboard: Intel DP43FT
Video: Nvidia 8800 GT
RAM 4 gigs CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
Power Antec EA650 650W
Case CoolerMaster stacker 830

I have tested everything but cpu/motherboard/power supply with another computer and all checks out fine
 
It is a weird situation. i never heard something like that. Dont you have a spare power supply to test it?
 
Back
Top