• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Problem with PCI devices in XP

Biskquik

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 13, 2007
Messages
448
While I was watching TV today over my tuner card, my system froze up and was unresponsive. When I restarted Windows XP, neither of my PCI cards (An Avermedia 1500MCE tuner and Netgear WG311v3) were recognized by device manager. I first tried reinstalling the drivers with no avail. The drivers would install and recognize the devices but not initialize and gives a Code 10 from device manager. I've went as far as reinstalling Windows XP but the same issues arose. I think the two cards should be in good shape (no visible damage like busted caps) but I don't have access another computer to test it on until at least tomorrow.

I really hope this is a software issue that can be resolved fairly easily rather than a dying mobo. System is in signature under Deskie.

Thanks
 
If you can try another PSU, I'd do that next.
Your PSU may be on its last legs.
 
I took an Antec EA430 out of my parents machine and attempted it on mine. Same problems are occuring. I did however try the cards in my parent's actual machine and it was recognized easily. Seems like I might be retiring my desktop earlier than I wanted.
 
Back
Top