• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Problem with PC...Help

CannonDub

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 1, 2009
Messages
418
Let me start off with my system specs:

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
AMD Phenom II X4 955BE 3.2GHz
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212
BFG NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS OC 640MB
G.SKILL Ripjaws 4GB DDR3 1600
CREATIVE Sound Blaster Audigy 4
ANTEC Three Hundred Black Steek Mid Tower Case
ANTEC NEO ECO 620W
SAMSUNG 226BW 22" LCD
Windows 7 64
All games run through Steam


Here is the problem:

Today while playing Resident Evil 5, I had the game give me a graphical glitch and crash at the exact same spot in the game twice in a row, requiring me to force close it in task manager. I have never had this happen before and I brushed it of as being caused by some recent FOV mods I put in. I booted the game up for a third time and got a BSoD indicating a hardware problem and a forced reboot. During the reboot, the monitor could not detect the computer.

I opened up my computer, pulled out the 8800, and gave it a really good dusting with canned air, and then I did the same to the rest of the interior of the machine. I reseated the 8800 and then booted my computer. The monitor detected and the system went on to do a lengthy Windows Emergency Repair start up. I just let Windows do its thing, and got back to my desktop.

I tried to boot up RE5 again, the menus and everything displayed fine, but as soon as it was done loading and the game was about to start, it crashed again, requiring me to shut it down in task manager. This time I decided to try Bad Company 2, and once again the menus and everything load up fine, but once the game loading is done, all I get is a white screen, requiring me to force close in task manager.

I then went and downloaded the latest drivers from the nVidia site, installed them..and yet the problem persists. Can anyone help?

Edit:
Borderlands doesn't work
Torchlight works
Bioshock 2 doesn't work

Up until about an hour ago all of these games worked fine.
 
Last edited:
I have an old 8600...I am about to do a format. Hopefully that resolves the issue
 
Back
Top