[See edit below original post]
Hello,
I've got two 7800 GTXs in SLI and am looking to overclock both. I'm using RivaTuner and figured out how you had to play with the NVIDIA display settings to make it recognize the second card with SLI turned off. This allows you to see the two seperate card configurations in RivaTuner and individually adjust the core/memory speed on both cards.
My problem is that as soon as I was done adjusting both cards, I turned SLI back on, started up RivaTuner and (expectedly) could no longer access the second card's configuration. This being the case, I figured RT would not be able to adjust the second card's speeds. Out of curiosity, I turned SLI back off and checked. Sure enough, RT showed that the second cards speeds had reverted back to stock.
Has anyone out there had success with keeping both cards in an SLI config at the same overclocked speeds? I've searched all over the web for an answer to this and could not find it.
Thanks!
GraveX
[EDIT]
I just received an answer back from NVIDIA:
"Customer 12/03/2005 11:18 PM Does using the overclocking feature in the Nvidia drivers set both cards to the same core and memory speed in an SLI configuration?"
"Response (MG) 12/04/2005 12:34 AM No it does not. In a way, this is a benefit as it does not limit the fastest card to the lowest common denominator. It sets each graphics card to the highest possible settings each card is capable of."
I'm not sure I even understand what he is saying there. Is he saying that it will set the master card to whatever overclock you adjust it to, then it will try and match the second card as best as it can?
Anyone out there got a take on this? It seems to contradict itself.
GraveX
Hello,
I've got two 7800 GTXs in SLI and am looking to overclock both. I'm using RivaTuner and figured out how you had to play with the NVIDIA display settings to make it recognize the second card with SLI turned off. This allows you to see the two seperate card configurations in RivaTuner and individually adjust the core/memory speed on both cards.
My problem is that as soon as I was done adjusting both cards, I turned SLI back on, started up RivaTuner and (expectedly) could no longer access the second card's configuration. This being the case, I figured RT would not be able to adjust the second card's speeds. Out of curiosity, I turned SLI back off and checked. Sure enough, RT showed that the second cards speeds had reverted back to stock.
Has anyone out there had success with keeping both cards in an SLI config at the same overclocked speeds? I've searched all over the web for an answer to this and could not find it.
Thanks!
GraveX
[EDIT]
I just received an answer back from NVIDIA:
"Customer 12/03/2005 11:18 PM Does using the overclocking feature in the Nvidia drivers set both cards to the same core and memory speed in an SLI configuration?"
"Response (MG) 12/04/2005 12:34 AM No it does not. In a way, this is a benefit as it does not limit the fastest card to the lowest common denominator. It sets each graphics card to the highest possible settings each card is capable of."
I'm not sure I even understand what he is saying there. Is he saying that it will set the master card to whatever overclock you adjust it to, then it will try and match the second card as best as it can?
Anyone out there got a take on this? It seems to contradict itself.
GraveX