• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Problem with old sata drive in new computer

afx

n00b
Joined
Aug 1, 2004
Messages
55
Hey guys,

in order to transfer data from my old system to my new one, I installed XP on my new system on a new hard drive (sata) and then I took my old hard drive (sata but raid (with a single drive... I couldn't make the drive to work if I didn't do a raid)) and installed it in my new system.

The problem is, my computer doesn't see the old drive. Is there anyway I can see them? I checked in the disk manager but it's not there.

The BIOS detects the drive with no problem.
 
If your old drive was a part of a RAID array I don't think that it is going to be seen as a seperate drive
 
You have to go to: Administrative Tools/Computer Management/Device Manager and it will see a drive that needs to be initialized. Do it and on the next reboot it will assign a drive letter to it. Reboot it again and it will be ready to have NTFS installed and you will be ready to use it.

You may have to delete everything that was on the table at the front of the disk if that does not work but you will eventually get it to work again as a drive that you can use. I have had to do this several times with Raid drives that were no longer going to be used for Raid purposes.
 
Back
Top