Problem with... not sure..

webbed

Weaksauce
I finished watercooling my computer and now I have a problem. When the computer starts up it asks me to select a boot device but I cant get into the setup becasue my keyboard isnt turning on. I tried 2 keyboards then bought another keyboard that goes into a usb slot. None of them are working. I tried two diffrent power supplies. Same thing with both. I tried two diffrent pairs of ram,one stick of each. The lights on the mouse turn on and the mouse goes into a usb slot. Is something dead, dieing, maybe I forgot to do something? I need some help/suggestions. Thanks.

If you are using a USB mouse or keyboard, you might want to check the BIOS and see if there is a configuration option for USB Keyboard or Legacy USB devices.

tazzmissionx said:
If you are using a USB mouse or keyboard, you might want to check the BIOS and see if there is a configuration option for USB Keyboard or Legacy USB devices.

yeah get a ps2 keyboard and get into the bois and have a peek around

The first two keyboards I tried were ps2 keyboards. Also right before the message about selecting a boot device I get a message about the cmos battery being low and it also says I have 16mbs of ram.

I cleared the cmos again. I guess the first time didnt work but now everything is working. :D

Back