• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Problem with new x850Pro AGP

Cold Dark Shadow

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
12,720
After installing I noticed now when i bring up a new smaller window i get these little colored like dot things, like in groups of 3 side by side, when i drag the window, they pop up where the window was and when scrolling colored lines will show up and some of the stuff (like print) on webpages will change to a goofy yellowish color

When i tried to play Q4 and tested again with Sims 2 the words on the menu were streaky and jumpy as were the graphics on Sims 2 and blick pixels everywhere


Bad card?
 
I know, i just didnt want to accept it, i was hoping someone would say it was just a freak driver issue that makes it look like a bad card but easily fixed with some wonder driver of doom

Man, i dont want to RMA it lol

Being i bought it from Newegg, should i call them for an exchange or go thru ATI?
 
this is in response to your dead thread...

You can unlock the pipes pretty easily on the X850pro... I did on mine and got a large increase in performance...was almost like a new card! I am also running at XT speeds(stock cooling). If I had an aftermarket cooler I could take it beyond XTPE speeds.

one thing you need to know is that you need a VIVO card. you can tell because it has a little yellow socket a the end of the card. If you are interested I can give you the link to an ISO image to burn to a cd. I did this and its as easy as booting from the CD and pressing enter. it also has a restore bios on it if you get some bad pipelines. I would recommend not flashing to the XT bios because I have heard of some fan controller problems. I flashed to an unlocked pro bios and used ATI tool.
 
the yellow thing your talkin about, does it look like a little power conector on the edge of the card in the back?
the card came with all the VIVO cables and shit ad well
 
Yea i kept in for the day and it got worse and worse. by the time i took it out i had blue line down the screen every couple inches

CAlled NE and got an RMA number so ill have it shipped out tomorrow and hopefully get a replacement soon, i need a new card
 
how long does it usually take for NE to replace a card?
I sent my card in a week ago today and the online thing they have says theyre still waiting for the card
 
Back
Top